Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are you 'Melatah'?

(FYI, i dont know what melatah is in English)

Everyone seems to have this symptom nowadays. Including my boyfriend. According to Kamus Dewan Fourth Edition, melatah means:

 Seseorang (biasanya wanita) tidak sedar apa yang dilakukan, mengikut perbuatan atau suruhan orang lain tanpa disedari, mengeluarkan perkataan atau membuat sesuatu secara tidak sengaja kerana terperanjat.
Meanwhile according to American Normal book called Hyperstartle Syndrome, Lawrene Osborne said " If American is popular for its aneroxia, and Nigerians have problems with tired minds, while Malays have 'latah' (hyperstartle syndrome).

The famous Malaysian psychologist/motivator, Dato Dr. Fadzilah Kamsah, once quote;
Only the malays, eskimos, and one or two african that "Melatah."

I wonder if this is true. I mean the melatah thing. I've seen people who pretends to melatah, and it is purely annoying. But then, I've seen some which undoubtedly saying things they don't want to speak, and acting things they don't want to do.

But then, I believe when you melatah, you only say short sentence like,
"Mama ko lapan"
"Opocot ko"
"O mak!"
"Amen!" (This 1 is mine)
Long sentence like,
"menari-nari, terbang-terbang la engkau"
"kepala dia sudah ada empat ditambah empat lagi"
"Saya mau makan KFC banyak-banyak sampai gemuk macam Sanchez"
In my opinion, long sentence like that is not melatah. Sometimes, I saw them acting like they are melatah, and again i want to stress this, I got annoyed. Why do you want to act like that anyway? To be funny? Coz it doesn't seem to entertain me.

I remember a priest prayed for the melatah people during a Christian Camp I attend last year. He pray God bless them so they stop their melatah disease. Notice I bold the word 'disease', he call melatah a disease. Wikipedia define disease as abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism.

So to think about it, why do some people proud of their melatah? It can directly means they are proud of their disease. Like I'm proud I have flu or something. Weird. But anyway, (I wanna say 'sometimes melatah is funny', but  I dont feel like that, so drop it out) try to stop melatah if you can. It makes you tired if you say/do it again and again. And its a disease. If anyone of you out there pretends to melatah, drop it out, it aint cool. Melatah happens to women, not men.


1 comment:

  1. well...i would like my melatah gone...i mean saying "mama ko kepala babi" well get me into trouble 1 day

    ReplyDelete