Popular Posts

Friday, March 25, 2011

Yohanes 14

This is my first post about faith. If you have a bible, turn to that page and you can see that chapter talks about Jesus say that God will send Holy Spirit to people when Jesus goes back. During Alpha course I attend today, the speaker tell us that Jesus promise holy spirit to those who believes Him. That makes me wonder, so how about those who don't believe? They don't have holy spirit?

My dear friends, it's not I'm querying my religion, I'm just asking and wondering. God cannot be understand. If you trying to understand, then stop. You'll be crazy. Our human minds limit us to understand more. Taking examples from the speaker, if you read the bible, there is a chapter which talks about Paulus, who hates God. When Jesus show himself infront of him, he turns blind. Our human nature cannot see the glory of God. That's how awesome our God is. Cool eh? But then, my question about holy spirit is something that can be answered.

When I was baptized, my teacher ask all of his student including me.
"You receive Holy Spirit when you are baptized. How about when you are not yet baptized, does the Holy Spirit is not with you?"
I don't have the answer. Yet in my opinion (just my opinion, it's not teaching. Do not quote), the holy spirit is among us, within us since we're born. I believe that. Correct me if I'm wrong. So back to my question, does the holy spirit is with people who believe only? How about those people who believe that Jesus exist, but not following Him? How about those who don't believe, but follow His teachings? I've got a friend, Muslim, he follow us 'berpuasa' during Lent month. Does the holy spirit with him?

According to the speaker, Christian beliefs cannot be understand using logic. It cannot be compared to other religion, cause we are not the same. So if you want to comment this post, please use bible quote to comment. Don't give your own piece of mind. I don't want to know how you feel or what you are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment